Privacy & Cookies and the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into effect on 25th May 2018
The law on data protection and privacy is changing. As of 25.05.18 you will have more control over how your personal data is used and how you are contacted by companies and other organisations.
We are a small business and we always treat your personal information with the highest standards of security and confidentiality. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We never pass on, sell or swap your information with any other company for their own marketing purposes.
When you shop with us, use our login facility, for future online orders, or complete our Contact Form, we collect information about you. If you browse our Daily Grind: Coffee and Tea Merchant website, we may collect information about your website visits using 'cookies' – see below for our Cookies information. For the purposes of analysing web traffic and to improve the site in general we may store information regarding visitor’s ISP domain, the time accessed and the pages visited.
The information we collect from customers when making a purchase from our store is used for billing and administration purposes only and will be kept entirely confidential. This information includes your billing address, delivery address (if different), telephone number (if given) and email address (required only to send you updates on your order's progress or if we have a product back in stock). We guarantee that none of this information will be passed onto third parties for advertising or for direct marketing purposes. We do not send out Newsletters. We do not see customer's card details as we use PayPal.com to collect customer's payment information. We do accept cheque payments for UK customers.
We do not use third parties for emailing marketing or contact forms.
You must let us know in writing if you do not want us to save any of your information once your order has been sent to you.
PayPal.com monitor every transaction, 24/7 to prevent fraud, email phishing and identity theft. Every transaction is heavily guarded behind their advanced encryption. If something seems fishy, their dedicated team of security specialists will identify suspicious activity and help protect us as sellers, and you as a purchaser, from fraudulent transactions. Remember, they will never ask for any sensitive information.
You also have the right to:
- Ask that we correct or update any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Ask that we erase your personal data from our systems.
- Ask that we stop processing your data or restrict processing where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Object to us profiling your data, where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request that any data provided by you in the context of actively consenting to some form of processing, be returned to you or transferred to another company in electronic form.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK
18th May 2018
Cookies set by The Daily Grind: Coffee & Tea Merchant
Cookies are small files placed on your web-enabled device while browsing the internet which aim to improve your browsing experience. For example:
● Information you’ve already wanted can be remembered so you don’t have to enter it again the next time you visit.
● Similarly, your login details such as username and password can be temporarily saved so you don’t have to enter them each time you visit.
● They can also measure site traffic to help us make the service we provide even better.
For more information on these small files, you can read more on the Direct Gov website by following this link: Internet browser cookies - what they are and how to manage them.
Below we have listed the cookies used on this website as well as their use and how long they will last.
Cookies Collected By The Daily Grind: Coffee & Tea Merchant
||Temporary cookie generated to test if cookies are enabled on the visitors browser.
logged_in= valerie &ServerID=***
|48 hrs (2 days)
||Stores a unique reference to visitors cart contents. Stores authentication details for customer logged in section.
||Stores a reference to the visitors order number after an order has been generated.
Cookies Collected By Third Parties
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to create reports and to help us improve the overall website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.